Orzo with Tomatoes and Parmesan
Orzo with Tomatoes and Parmesan- a quick and easy side dish.
This recipe contains chicken stock, pasta (orzo), butter, fresh garlic, tomatoes (plum, canned), italian seasoning, black pepper (cracked), scallions, cheese (parmesan, grated)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup(s) orzo
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 cup(s) chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, cracked
- 3 whole green onions, chopped
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan. Add orzo; cook on medium heat 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-low heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- 3. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, cooked orzo and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onions and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir 1 minute.