Tex Mex Sweet Potato Bowl
Tex Mex Sweet Potato Bowl- made with spiralized sweet potato noodles. A great weeknight meal.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes (spiralized), turkey (ground), taco seasoning, corn (frozen), tomatoes (grape), black beans (canned), scallions, limes
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 pkg(s) 9oz. spiralized sweet potato
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 pkg(s) 1oz. pkg. of taco seasoning
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can(s) 15oz. black beans, drained
- 3 whole scallions, sliced
- 1 whole lime wedges, for garnish
- 1. Bring a large skillet to high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Add ground meat and cook until brown. Add in taco seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until well mixed and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in sweet potato noodles and cook 6-7 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- 3. Add cooked meat to the sweet potato noodles.
- 4. Microwave frozen corn, drain, and add to the meat and noodles. Add black beans and tomatoes. Top with scallions.
- 5. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese and lime wedges, if desired.