Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bread Ring
Spicy sausage and jalapeno dip is a perfect appetizer for any gathering.
This recipe contains pork sausage, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), cheese (monterey jack, shredded), jalapenos, fresh garlic, biscuits, eggs, water, salt (kosher), scallions
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. hot pork sausage
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded and divded
- 4 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 whole jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 can(s) 16oz. biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2. Cook sausage in large cast-iron or oven- proof skillet over medium-high heat 8-minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Set aside.
- 3. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeños and garlic in a large bowl; mixing until well blended. Stir in cooked sausage; mix lightly.
- 4. Cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Place biscuits around the edge of a cast-iron or oven-proof skillet, forming a ring. Brush biscuits with beaten egg combined with water and sprinkle with salt.
- 5. Spoon dip in the center of the bread ring in the skillet. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and dip is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with green onions, before serving.