Italian Chicken Sandwiches
Breaded chicken sandwiches, great for lunch or dinner.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), pepper, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), cooking spray, lemons, fresh garlic, worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, walnuts, cheese (parmesan, grated), bread (whole wheat), lettuce (romaine)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 whole chicken breast halves
- 1 ds. cooking spray
- 6 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 ds. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 tsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg(s) wheat sandwich rolls
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine flour and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture, shaking off excess. Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray for 2 seconds; over medium heat, lightly brown chicken on both sides.
- 2. Combine lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on Hearty Wheat Sandwich Rolls; top with chicken. Sprinkle walnuts and cheese over chicken. Serve immediately.