Cremini Mushroom Bisque
Cremini Mushroom Bisque, a creamy soup ready in under an hour!
This recipe contains chicken broth, mushrooms (cremini), onions, celery, fresh garlic, butter, flour, heavy cream, bay leaves, fresh thyme, sherry, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 lb. fresh cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) garlic cloves
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 3 whole sprigs thyme leaves, de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup(s) sherry
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. In a 2-quart pot, bring chicken broth and cream to a boil. Add onions, celery, mushrooms and bay leaf back to a simmer. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cover for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a separate large pot, melt the butter, then add the flour. Whisk until evenly incorporated to create a roux. Continue to whisk while slowly adding hot mushroom stock to the roux. Stirring constantly until the soup is thickened and smooth. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Flavor with sherry, season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth, then return the soup to the pot. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls. Serve immediately.