Greek Salad Topped Hummus Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
A Greek twist on hummus dip.
This recipe contains garbanzo bean, fresh garlic, tahini, olive oil (extra virgin), salt, cayenne pepper, tomatoes (Roma), olives (kalamata, pitted), cucumbers (english), green bell peppers, feta cheese, paprika, bread (pita), olive oil (extra virgin), sesame seeds, coriander, thyme (dried)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 cup(s) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) tahini
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 ds. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 whole roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 whole english cucumber
- 2 whole green peppers, diced
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ds. paprika, for garnish
- 2 whole pita bread loaves
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1. Place chickpeas in a food processor, reserving a few for garnish. Add the garlic, tahini, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper to the food processor. Purée until smooth.
- 2. Add water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until an extra creamy consistency is reached (you should need less than 1/4 cup in total). Scrape down the sides of the food processor, and purée for 1–2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- 3. If not serving immediately, store in a lidded container in the refrigerator. Otherwise, spoon into a small round dish. Using the back of a spoon, make dents in the top and fill the dents with olive oil (optional). Top with tomatoes, olives, cucumber, green pepper, and feta cheese.
- 4. Sprinkle paprika, and arrange remaining chickpeas on the top.
- 5. Cut each pita loaf into 4 equal portions. Brush olive oil on top of each piece and sprinkle sesame seeds, coriander, and thyme over the top. Toss to coat well.
- 6. Place on a baking sheet and bake under the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes per side until golden.