Mozzarella, Tomato & Chickpea Pasta Salad
Light pasta salad with chickpeas and spinach.
This recipe contains pasta (fusilli), spinach (baby), olive oil (extra virgin), cheese (mozzarella, fresh), tomatoes (cherry), beans (garbanzo), lemons, balsamic vinegar, salt (kosher), black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 lb. baby spinach, washed well
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 pn. kosher salt
- 1 pn. pepper
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. When pasta is done, drain well and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, stir to coat and set a side.
- 2. Combine spinach, mozzarella balls, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Stir, taste, and add kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 3. Toss mixture with pasta. Serve at room temperature or chill until serving.