BBQ Chicken Wings
To make these BBQ chicken wings you need to start by making a sweet sticky barbecue sauce - or try a bourbon sauce. Or simply mix up some olive oil, honey and mustard. There is little meat on a chicken wing, but they are quick and very easy to make in large quantities - so they are best for kids parties - kids love 'em - or for adults they make a great appetizer. These are quick to make and should be ready within 30 minutes from starting preparation to being ready to eat.
This recipe contains barbecue sauce, , chicken wings
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 30 whole or more chicken wings.
- 1. Separate the wings with a sharp knife.
- 2. Put them in a suitably sized bowl and pour over the barbecue sauce.
- 3. Mix everything around to thoroughly coat the wings.
- 4. Oil the rack of the grill so the wings don't stick.
- 5. Put on the wings skin side down and cook for 8 minutes or so.
- 6. Turn them over and cook them for a further 5 minutes or so - until they are cooked through.
- 7. Baste wings with more barbecue sauce and cook for another minute
- 8. Turn the wings over and baste wings with barbecue sauce.
- 9. It's useful to have a helper to grill these - basting and turning over 30 or more wings could take longer than the cooking time!
- 10. Better yet put them in hinged grill baskets - you can put them all in one or two of these and they can all be turned over at once, thus saving a lot of activity!
- 11. Better still put them in one or more hinged grill baskets and turn them all over at once.