Beef and Chorizo Chili
This easy and healthy one-pot chili is a great dish to enjoy this Cinco de Mayo or anytime! Recipe for homemade fresh chorizo included.
This recipe contains beef (ground), sausage (chorizo), onions, bell peppers (red), garlic, tomatoes (diced), beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin (ground), salt, black pepper, kidney beans, black beans, beans (red), pinto beans,
- 2 3/4 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 lb. fresh chorizo
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 clove(s) whole fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 3 cup(s) good quality beef broth, homemade or store bought
- 6 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. Tb chili powder
- 5 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 can(s) oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) oz. can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional accompaniments: freshly shredded cheese, diced avocados, pico de gallo, sour cream, tortilla chips, crackers, fresh chopped cilantro, minced jalapenos
- 1. Place a large dutch oven over medium high heat and brown the ground beef and chorizo.
- 2. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic to the and cook for about 5 minutes, until just cooked through.
- 3. Add all of the remaining ingredients, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- 4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chili has thicken and all flavors are combined, about 30-35 minutes.
- 5. Serve immediately with any of the optional accompaniments.