Beer Braised Brisket with Ding Dang Good Sauce
This Beer Braised Brisket with Ding Dang Good Sauce will melt in your mouth and melt your heart.
This recipe contains , garlic, brown sugar, honey, chili (ancho), mustard (dijon), black pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt (kosher), brisket, onions, beer (lager), , , onions, garlic, beer (lager), ketchup, apple cider vinegar, honey, brown sugar, chili (ancho), crushed red pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper (cracked)
- For the Brisket
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 tbsp. Ancho Chilis in Adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. dark Dijon mustard (go for the good stuff)
- 1 tbsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt plus any additional to taste at end
- 1 lb. 4-6lb beef brisket
- 2 large sweet onions slice very thin
- 1 oz. can lager
- For the Sauce
- 2 Tbs pan drippings from the Brisket (can use olive oil if making separately)
- 1 diced onions
- 10 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) Lager
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Chilis in Adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black peppers
- 1. In a food processor or blender, finely chop garlic.
- 2. Add brown sugar, honey, mustard, ancho chili in adobo, mustard, oil, black pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne and 2 tbs salt and process until smooth.
- 3. Rub all over the brisket making sure to get into the nooks and crannies.
- 4. Place brisket in a gallon size freezer bag – or if unable to fit into bag – wrap well with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator x 1-2 days.
- 5. Allow brisket to come to room temp ( about an hour) before preparing.
- 6. Preheat oven to 325. Separate and scatter onions in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- 7. Set brisket (fat side up) on top of the onions.
- 8. Add beer to pan and any marinade the clings to the plastic wrap.
- 9. Cover and seal with foil tightly.
- 10. Braise in the oven until the meat is fall apart tender – about 5 hours.
- 11. Begin to check after 4 hours.
- 12. Meat should literally be falling apart when you stick it with a fork.
- 13. When done, set oven to broil and broil for 5-10 minutes until top develops a crispy crust.
- 14. Allow brisket to cool for at least 10 minutes, remove from the pan and shred or slice.
- 15. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and mix into the brisket.
- 16. Moisten with pan drippings and season with salt if needed.
- 17. For the Sauce
- 18. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the pan drippings or olive oil and sauté the onions until soft – 5-7 minutes.
- 19. Add the garlic and cook one minute longer,.
- 20. Add the beer, bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half – about 10 minutes or so.
- 21. Add in the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- 22. Place sauce in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Can use immediately or can be refrigerated until ready to use.