Beet and Blue Cheese Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
This mixed greens salad pairs beets with blue cheese and toasted pecans. Tossed with a homemade citrus vinaigrette dressing, it is a perfect addition to any dinner.
This recipe contains mixed salad, tomatoes (grape), beets, pecans, cheese (blue), juice (orange), cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper
6 - 8 Servings
- 5 oz. container of your favorite mixed greens (baby spinach, baby lettuces, or mesclun mix)
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can(s) 15oz. can sliced beets
- 1 cup(s) pecans
- 5 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1. Drain the rinse the can of beets.
- 2. Slice each beet circle in half to make semi-circles.
- 3. Toast the pecans over medium heat until they start to brown and are nice and fragrant.
- 4. If using a block of blue cheese, roughly chop 5 oz to crumble it.
- 5. Toss all the salad ingredients (mixed greens through blue cheese) together in a bowl.
- 6. Combine all the dressing ingredients (orange juice through salt and pepper) in a small bowl, and mix well.
- 7. Pour over salad right before serving.