Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Apricots, and Pistachios
Easy and healthy, this beet salad is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner and as a salad course or as a vegetarian side dish. Leftovers are wonderful for lunch too!
This recipe contains beets, goat cheese, apricots, pistachios, olive oil (extra virgin), balsamic vinegar
4 servings servings
- 4 medium organic golden and/or red beets
- 3-4 ounces herb goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachio pieces (I used Trader Joe's dry roasted & unsalted)
- 3 Tb good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tb balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2. Scrub beets well, dry, and coat with a little olive oil.
- 3. Place beets in an ovenproof pan, cover with foil, and roast at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until knife tender.
- 4. When beets are cool enough to handle, remove the skin, and cut into slices.
- 5. Place beets on a serving platter, sprinkle with goat cheese, chopped apricots, and pistachios.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- 7. Drizzle over beets. Serve immediately.