Beetroot Pachadi OR Beet & Yogurt Salad With Mustard Seeds
A recipe for beetroot pachadi- a tangy yogurt based salad from South India
This recipe contains beets, onions, mustard seeds, coconut oil, curry leaves, yogurt, salt, chili powder
1 serving servings
- 1 medium sized beetroot; grated
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A few curry leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons set yogurt (or more if you desire)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- 2. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them pop.
- 3. Next, add the chopped onions, grated beetroot and stir-fry.
- 4. Add a few curry leaves so that their flavour is released into the oil.
- 5. Add a pinch of chilli powder and salt.
- 6. Sautee till the onions are soft.
- 7. Remove from heat, stir in the yogurt.
- 8. Garnish with some curry leaves and you’re done.