Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Moist cake with a tart layer of bursting berries mixed with cream cheese and a topped with a brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Perfect for any breakfast or brunch.
This recipe contains flour, brown sugar, eggs, milk (low fat), greek yogurt, butter, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, blueberries, blackberries, cornstarch, cream cheese (1/3 less fat), sugar, , brown sugar, cinnamon
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. Low Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 9 oz. Blueberries
- 6 oz. blackberries, halved
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 4 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread (the kind you put on a bagel)
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1. Grease a 8 by 8 glass baking dish.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. Make the batter. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- 4. Add wet ingredients together.
- 5. Mix eggs, milk, greek yogurt and vanilla extract together until evenly distributed.
- 6. In a small bowl microwave butter until partially melted, about 25 seconds. Add to wet ingredients and mix together
- 7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix together until fully incorporated.
- 8. Add slightly less than ½ the batter to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- 9. Top with berries and sprinkle over batter.
- 10. Sprinkle corn starch over the berries.
- 11. Mix the cream cheese with granulated sugar.
- 12. Add dollops of cream cheese all over the berries.
- 13. Using the rest of the batter, spread evenly over the top of the berries.
- 14. Use a spatula or damp hands to gently spread the batter evenly
- 15. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- 16. Sprinkle over top of cake.
- 17. Cook in oven to 45 minutes, rotating ½ way through.
- 18. Let cool and enjoy!