Best Ever Meatballs
Best Ever Meatballs are juicy, tender, and moist with outrageously fresh, flavorful ingredients. It is the ultimate savory, sweet and tangy combination. The perfect addition to any game day or holiday party!
This recipe contains olive oil, onions, salt, garlic, bell peppers (red), ground beef, ground pork, eggs, cheese (parmesan), parsley leaves, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, water, , grape jelly, chili sauce, mustard, worcestershire, brown sugar, onions (green/spring), sesame seeds
8 servings servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 additional teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (18 oz) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12 oz) jar chili sauce (I used the Homade brand)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 1. chili sauce
- 2. Coat a large sauté pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and season with the salt and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. The onions should be very soft and aromatic but have no color.
- 4. Add the garlic and the crushed red pepper and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Turn off heat and allow to cool while you prepare the meatball mixture.
- 6. In a large bowl combine the meats, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- 7. It works well to squish the mixture with your hands. Add the onion mixture and season generously with another teaspoon of salt. Add the water and do 1 final squish.
- 8. The mixture should be quite wet.
- 9. Test the seasoning of the mix by making a tiny “mini” hamburger size patty and cooking it.
- 10. The mixture should taste really good! If it doesn't it is probably missing salt. Add more if desired.
- 11. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 12. Shape the meat into desired size using your hands.
- 13. I prefer meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball.
- 14. Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil and bring to a medium high heat.
- 15. Brown the meatballs on two sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 16. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- 17. While the meatballs are cooking, place all of the sauce ingredients into a pot and heat up over medium high heat.
- 18. Stir occasionally.
- 19. When the meatballs are done, put them in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- 20. Garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds.