Best Spaghetti Sauce Ever
The Best Spaghetti Sauce Ever
This recipe contains beef (ground), sausage (italian), onions, garlic, mushrooms, olive oil, tomatoes (crushed), tomato paste, sugar (raw), cumin, oregano, salt, sausage (vegetarian), black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 lb. hot sausage (leave these out for vegetarian version)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 carton of fresh mushrooms (buttons, shitake or baby bellas) - sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 can(s) oz. large cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) oz. small cans tomato paste
- 2 tsp. raw sugar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 box of vegetarian sausage patties see directions below
- 1. Brown hamburger, sausage, onion and garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat on the stovetop in the bottom of a large sauce pot.
- 2. Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
- 3. Simmer until heated through – or continue to simmer and add water as needed.
- 4. For vegetarian version – shred the morning star farms sausage patties and add to the sauce.
- 5. The longer this simmers the richer the flavor will be.