Black & White Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes with a cheesecake center that's studded with chocolate mini chips.
This recipe contains , cream cheese, sugar, salt, eggs, sour cream, chocolate chips, , all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, water, sour cream, unsalted butter, vanilla extract
- cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. chocolate mini chips
- cake batter:
- 3/4 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 T. water
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 4 tbsp. (half a stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- 2. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners, set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- 4. Using an electric mixer, beat until combined.
- 5. Add the egg white and 1 Tablespoon of sour cream, beat until combined and creamy.
- 6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7. Set aside while preparing the cupcake batter.
- 8. In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 9. Whisk until combined.
- 10. Make a well in the center of the mixture, add the water, 1/3 c. sour cream, melted butter and vanilla.
- 11. Whisk until just combined.
- 12. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- 13. Add a heaping tablespoon of the cheesecake batter right on top of the cake batter.
- 14. Bake until the tops of the cupcakes just begin to crack, about 18-20 minutes.
- 15. Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.