Black Lentil Pasta Soup
A little vegan pasta, lentil and vegetable soup, quick, healthy and delicious
This recipe contains onions, garlic, olive oil, lentils, vegetable stock, tomatoes, onions (green/spring), marjoram, pasta (elbow, whole wheat), salt, white pepper, white wine vinegar, chives
- 1 onion
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 150 g. g/ 5.3 oz lentils
- 1 1/2 cup(s) liter/ 6.5 cups good vegetable stock
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions
- small bunch fresh marjoram or oregano
- 150 g. whole wheat elbow macaroni
- white pepper
- 1 - 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch chives
- 1. Chop the onion and the garlic cloves very finely.
- 2. Heat the oil in soup pan and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes, until translucent.
- 3. Add the lentils and stir for 1-2 minutes until the lentils are covered with a thin film of oil.
- 4. Add the vegetable stock, bring everything to a boil, and cook until the lentils are almost done, observing the instructions on the packet of lentils (mine needed about 30 minutes).
- 5. In the meantime, chop the tomatoes in small pieces and the scallions in small rings.
- 6. Wash and finely chop the marjoram and the chives. Keep the herbs separated.
- 7. When the lentils are almost done add the tomatoes, scallions, marjoram, pasta, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon vinegar to the soup
- 8. cook until the pasta is al dente.
- 9. Add the chives and adjust the taste with more vinegar, salt and pepper if necessary.
- 10. Serve immediately.