Apple Glazed BBQ Baby Back Ribs
These sticky, apple-scented ribs are cooked in the oven, then finished on the grill. Great for entertaining and parties.
This recipe contains brown sugar, garlic salt, chili powder (mexican/ancho), salt, black pepper, celery salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, white pepper, apple cider, apple jelly, honey, baby back ribs
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp. garlic salt
- 4 tsp. pure ancho chile powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) apple cider
- 1/4 cup(s) apple jelly, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 4 lb. racks (about 4 pounds) baby back ribs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 250°.
- 2. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the sugar with the garlic salt, chile powder, salt, black pepper, celery salt, cayenne, cinnamon and white pepper.
- 3. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the spice mix to a medium bowl and whisk in the cider, apple jelly, honey and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 4. Pull the membrane off the underside of each rib rack using a towel to grasp the corner.
- 5. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub the ribs with the remaining spice mix; bake, meaty side up, for 2 1/2 hours.
- 6. Pour the cider mixture over the ribs and turn to coat.
- 7. Tightly cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 8. Light a grill.
- 9. Uncover the ribs and brush with the barbecue sauce; grill over moderate heat, turning and brushing, until glazed, 15 minutes.
- 10. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut between the bones.