Apple Pie Tarts
I love Apple Pie, but not the calories. This portion control little apple tart is so sweet, easy to make and tastes just like apple pie!
This recipe contains pie crust, apples, sugar (brown), flour (whole wheat pastry), cinnamon, nutmeg, lemons, butter, sugar (raw)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 Pie Crust 10 round Pillsbury, I think is best
- 4 Apples peeled, diced and cored (I used McIntosh)
- 5 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp. tsp.Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Butter I used Brumble and Brown
- Sprinkle of Turbinado Sugar (brown Sugar will work to)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425
- 2. In a large bowl, add your apples, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Mix together till all the apple are coated.
- 3. On Parchment Paper, roll out 1 pastry dough thin, put the other back in the fridge and save for another use.
- 4. Use a wide mouth cup or large cookie cutter and cut out 8 circles. You will have to roll out the dough about 4 times to get this.
- 5. Place the individual dough in a standard muffin pan. If you get tears, just patch up with remaining dough or smooth with finger. The dough is easy to use.
- 6. Top the dough with apple mixture, add 1/4 tsp. of butter onto each apple tart and sprinkle with raw Sugar.
- 7. Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until crust is light brown and apples are bubbly.
- 8. Let the tart cool.
- 9. Top the tart with whip cream or ice cream. Serve and Enjoy!
- 10. Makes 8 Apple Tarts
- 11. Calories per Tart: 144, Fat: 6.6, Cholesterol: 4.0, Sodium: 139, Potassium: 57.5, Carbs: 22, Fiber : 1.4, Sugar: 7.7, Protein: .9