Apple Soft Pound Cake
Baked this simple apple pound cake with freshly grated lemon zest thus giving a subtle aromatic flavour. The apple crisp with lemon juice in the cake also had a lovely light effect that hits the taste buds. As I can't wait to taste this soft cake immediately I cut it straight away just after cooling down and you can see from the picture the cake looks crumbly and seems like falling apart. So please remember to chill the cake first to get a perfect cut with a serrated knife.
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, flour (corn), baking powder, apples (granny smith), lemon juice, lemons
12 - 16 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 220 g. Butter (room temperature)
- 170 g. Sugar
- 3 Large eggs (about 210g) - separated
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 180 g. Plain flour
- 30 g. Corn flour
- 5 g. Baking powder
- 250 g. Green apple, peeled and cubed and mix with 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 1. Spray Non-stick spray evenly in bundt pan or line two loaf pans and set aside.
- 2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy and pale then add vanilla extract, mix well.
- 3. Add egg yolks into the batter one at a time and mix well before adding in another
- 4. then slowly add in egg whites and mix well, stop machine.
- 5. Sift plain flour, corn flour and baking powder together and fold into butter mixture with a rubber spatula.
- 6. Lastly pour in lemon zest and apple cubes, mix well.
- 7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven at 180C and bake for 35-40 mins or skewer comes out clean.
- 8. Leave pound cake to cool in pan for 30 mins and remove cake then place on to rack to cool completely.
- 9. Chill the cake before cut.