Apple spinach soup
A lip smacking soup with hot, sweet, salty and tangy flavors that will take your taste buds on a roller coaster ride.
This recipe contains olive oil, apples, spinach, garlic, vegetable broth, salt, black pepper, coconut milk, cheddar cheese
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup ripe apples (chopped)
- 2 cups baby spinach (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed/chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in a nonstick sauce pan over medium flame.
- 2. Add apples and saute for 1 minute or until you start getting the aroma.
- 3. Add spinach and saute again for 1 minute.
- 4. When the spinach starts to cook add garlic and mix well.
- 5. Add vegetable broth and boil for 2 minutes.
- 6. Turn off the flame and let it cool for a while.
- 7. Blend it smooth and strain.
- 8. Again heat the soup in the same sauce pan.
- 9. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- 10. At the first boil add the coconut milk. Mix and turn off the flame.
- 11. Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve hot.