Apple Walnut Brownies
These brownies are great for the Christmas holidays which is only about 5 weeks away. A very quick and easy Brownie that is packed with green apples and walnuts, moist and yummy. The Brownie cake is very easy to make and you'll only need a hand whisk, a rubber spatula and within 15 minutes, the batter is ready for baking. You can also use the cake mixer machine to whisk up the eggs and sugar till fluffy and use a rubber spatula to do mixing after that. If you're lazy to use the cake mixer, then use the hand whisk to do the job instead. Hope you'll enjoy this sweet treat as much as I do ♥
This recipe contains , butter, baking chocolate, , eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, , all-purpose flour, cinnamon, , walnuts, apples, , whipped cream, chocolate (semi-sweet, bar), chocolate (vairhona)
serves 10 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 120g Butter
- 180g Cooking chocolate, chop to pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 60 Brown sugar (40g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 70g Self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 60g Walnut, toasted and break into half
- 1 Green apple (shredded), remove the apple skin and chop to large cubes
- 100g Whipping cream
- 100g Semi-sweet chocolate chop to pieces
- 50g Valrhona (66%) chocolate, chop to pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 160C.
- 2. Line a rectangle cake pan all sides up.
- 3. Cook (A) butter and cooking chocolate over low heat till melted.
- 4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 5. Place (B) eggs. sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and beat till fluffy and add in A, stir till well combined. (or just a hand whisk to whisk the eggs and sugar together)
- 6. Add in (C) self raising flour and (D) walnut and green apple, mix well incorporated and pour into prepared cake pan.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 40 to 45 minutes. (I only baked 30 minutes). and leave cake to cool. Best to chill brownie for at least one hour for easy spreading of ganache cream.
- 8. Chocolate Ganache: Light boil whipping cream at medium low fire and add in the chocolate pieces and blend well till chocolate melted over a double boiler.
- 9. Let cool and spread onto cake.
- 10. You may apply 2-3 layers of ganache cream if want a thicker chocolate cream.