Arab Almond Cake
Incredibly aromatic, flourless, Arab almond cake. Just almonds, sugar, eggs and tonka beans but you will be amazed by this cake
This recipe contains almonds, sugar, honey, eggs, vanilla bean, sugar (powdered, confectioners), vanilla bean, cardamom (ground)
8 - 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 200 g. g/ 7 oz almonds
- 150 g. / 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 of a small tonka or vanilla bean (see note)
- icing sugar, optional
- vanilla bean
- 1. Note: If you cannot get hold of tonka beans, you can replace that with the seeds of 1 vanilla bean and 1 small pinch cardamom
- 2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. Line the bottom of a spring form 24 cm/ 9.4 inch diameter with baking paper.
- 4. Place the almonds in the food processor and process until finely ground.
- 5. Do not over process, you do not want your almonds to turn to almond butter.
- 6. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- 7. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- 8. In another bowl mix the almonds, egg yolks and honey together.
- 9. Grate the tonka bean over this mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 10. Add about 1/3 of the egg whites and incorporate well.
- 11. Add the rest of the egg whites and fold in very gently.
- 12. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 13. Leave to cool completely and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.