Armenian tahini rolls
Armenian tahini rolls - snacks good for anytime of the day.
This recipe contains , flour, milk, yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt, eggs, , tahini, honey, , eggs, sesame seed
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- For dough :
- 3 1/2 cup(s) flour, sifted
- 1 cup(s) milk (I used 2% milk)
- 2 1/4 tsp. (1 envelope, 7 gr) yeast
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- For filling :
- 1 cup(s) tahini
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- For glaze:
- 1 egg beaten
- sesame seeds
- 1. Pre heat oven to 325F.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl combine egg and oil.
- 4. Warm up the milk.
- 5. Add the milk to the flour mixture, then add in the egg mixture to make a smooth, elastic and not sticky dough. If sticky add more flour.
- 6. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. The dough won’t rise like other bread doughs, so don’t worry.
- 7. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, cover and let them sit for around 20 minutes.
- 8. Roll one ball of dough out to a very wide thin circle.
- 9. Spread a thin layer of the tahini mixture.
- 10. Starting at the longest edge, roll up the dough into a rope. Holding one end of the rope, start folding up so it makes a coiled bun.
- 11. Gently flatten the bun with the rolling pin or with your hand. Place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- 12. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 13. Brush the rolls with the beaten egg, then sprinkle a few sesame seeds over top.
- 14. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown.
- 15. Enjoy. Keep them in air tight containers. They taste good by themselves or smear them with butter.