Asian Beef and Mushroom Soup with Rice
Sharing a meal with family, often called a reunion dinner, is a fundamental part of the Chinese New Year celebration. Dishes are rich with flavour and ingredients, many of which represent luck and prosperity.Try this savoury soup from Uncle Ben's to not only heat your family up on a cold winter's night, but also to help you bring in the Chinese New Year with good fortune.
This recipe contains rice, beef broth, soy sauce, fresh ginger, sesame oil, garlic, mushrooms, snow peas, sirloin beef, hot sauce
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Uncle Ben's Quick CookPerfection rice
- 4 cups (1 L) homemade or low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 oz (125 g) fresh snow peas, thinly sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) beef top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring broth, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic to boil.
- 3. Add mushrooms and snow peas.
- 4. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp.
- 6. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7. Divide rice among 4 bowls.
- 8. Ladle soup over rice.
- 9. Top with hot sauce if using.
- 10. For more Chinese New Year recipes, or to learn more about how you can win good fortune this year visit www.EasyFortune2016.ca.