Asian Marinated Chicken Thighs
This is an easy recipe for chicken thighs that's Asian-inspired. The marinade is tangy and spicy, and with a hint of nuttiness from the sesame oil. Adjust the amount of chili flakes and sriracha to your liking!
This recipe contains chicken thighs (bone-in) (skin-on), , canola oil, fish sauce, chili (oil), cilantro (fresh), garlic, sesame oil, lemons, limes, pepper, sriracha sauce
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 whole bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- -For the Marinade-
- 1/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. Asian chili flakes in oil
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- black pepper to taste
- sriracha sauce to taste
- 1. Stir together all the marinade ingredients.
- 2. In a small container, refrigerate 3 tablespoons of the marinade to drizzle over cooked chicken.
- 3. Wash the chicken thighs and pat dry with a towel.
- 4. For marinading the chicken thighs, place the thighs in either a container with lid or large ziploc bag.
- 5. Pour Spicy Thai Marinade with Cilantro over the chicken and mix well.
- 6. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or preferably overnight/24 hours.
- 7. Adjust the oven rack to top third, so it’s about 8 inches from the top heating element.
- 8. On a broiling pan, place thighs skin side down.
- 9. Broil, 16 – 18 minutes.
- 10. Flip the thighs so skin side is up.
- 11. Broil, 12 – 14 minutes.
- 12. Serve with the side of reserved 3 tablespoons of marinade.