Asparagus Clam Spaghetti
We're 2 cooks at home, and this is my husband's sunday night creation.
A great recipe to load up on iron and vitamine K !
No parmesan on this, but we recommend sprinkling some ricotta on the pasta right before serving
This recipe contains parsley (fresh), clams (frozen), garlic, cream, asparagus, asparagus (white), tomatoes, wine (white), pasta (spaghetti), salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- fresh italian parsley, salt and pepper
- 4 oz. frozen clams per person
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves
- 6 oz. cream 15% is okay)
- 4 oz. green asparagus (1/2 bunch)
- 4 oz. white asparagus(1/2 bunch)
- 2 small tomatoes per person
- white wine for taste (about 1 big glass)
- 12 oz. spaghetti spaghetti
- 1. Cut the stems of the white and green asparagus
- 2. Cook them for 5 minutes on high temperature in a frying pan with a lid in water (the asparagus should only be half submerged in water)
- 3. Take them out of the water, cut them in thirds.
- 4. Reserve.
- 5. Slice the garlic very thinly and cook them in the water until the garlic becomes transparent (medium heat)
- 6. Add the clams, wait a couple of minutes and put the asparagus back in (medium heat)
- 7. Add salt and pepper and cook until it's practically dry
- 8. Start the water for you pasta (in a different pan, obviously)
- 9. Add half a glass of wine
- 10. Add fresh cream
- 11. Stir gently on a low heat until the cream thickens
- 12. Add parsley and keep on stirring for a couple of minutes
- 13. Remove from the heat and add chopped tomatoes
- 14. A couple of minutes before the pasta is cooked, strain it, reserve some of the cooking water, and combine both into the sauce
- 15. Cook for the remaining of pasta cooking time