Authentic Jamaican Pepper Shrimp
YEAH MON! Jamaican pepper shrimp is a simple and delicious dish. Growing up, we didn't get to eat this much as shrimp was quite pricey, but if you have ever been a tourist in Jamaica, you have probably tried this as the locals will try to sell it to you or you might have it in a resort restaurant.
This recipe contains shrimp, scotch bonnet pepper, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, allspice, garlic, coconut oil
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or habanero (seeded and minced)
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. allspice berries (crushed)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, season the shrimp with the salt, black pepper, allspice.
- 2. On medium-high heat coconut oil, then add the shrimp and give it a good stir.
- 3. Now add the garlic, scotch bonnet pepper and lemon juice and stir well to coat everything.
- 4. Stir/saute for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink.