Bacon Veggie Quiche
A simple quiche to make the morning of or the day before.
This recipe contains olive oil, bell peppers (red), broccoli, onions (red), squash (yellow), mushrooms, garlic, bacon, tomatoes (roma), spinach, cheese (ricotta), cheese (shredded), eggs, salt, pie crust, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
- 1 - 2 tbsp. Tbp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup(s) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped yellow squash
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped button mushrooms
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 5 - 6 slice(s) slices bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- Large handful of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheese (of your choice)
- 6 eggs
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Unroll crust and place into pie pan.
- 3. Bake for 10 min at 375.
- 4. Remove from oven.
- 5. Sauté red pepper and broccoli with the oil over medium heat for 3-5 min.
- 6. Add onion, squash, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté till al dente. 5-10 min.
- 7. While veggies sauté cook bacon, as desired.
- 8. In a separate bowl beat eggs with whisk or fork.
- 9. Mix in ricotta and shredded cheeses until well combined.
- 10. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture.
- 11. Chop bacon and add to egg mixture.
- 12. Add veggies to egg mixture.
- 13. Pour just enough mixture into the pie pan (with the precooked crust in it) to coat the bottom.
- 14. Place a large handful of spinach leaves over the egg mixture in the pie pan to create a layer.
- 15. Pour remaining egg mixture on top of spinach.
- 16. Top with sliced tomatoes, arrange as desired.
- 17. Cover in foil and back 40 min.
- 18. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 min.