BahnMi Meatball Sub
Juicy Pork Meatballs made with Spices, Basil, Garlic and Onion Placed in a Fresh Baguette with a sriracha lime sauce and sliced veggies.
This recipe contains , pork (ground), black pepper, cinnamon (ground), sriracha sauce, ginger, garlic, onions (white), limes, basil (fresh), hoisin sauce, soy sauce, , carrots, peppers (jalapeno), cilantro, baguette, , greek yogurt (non-fat), limes, sriracha sauce
- FOR THE MEATBALL:
- 2 lb. lbs Ground Pork
- 2 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 4 Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 White Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) Basil, Roughly Chopped
- 2 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 2 Large Carrots, Trimmed and Peeled
- 3 Jalapenos
- 1 cup(s) Cilantro, leaves removed
- 5 1/2 fresh baguettes
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup(s) Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced
- 2 tbsp. Srirahca Sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Make the meatballs.
- 3. Mix the meat with the spices,garlic, onion, lime basil, hoisin and soy sauce until evenly distributed.
- 4. Roll the meatballs into 1 inch diameter meatballs.
- 5. Place in multiple glass baking dishes, making sure the meatballs do not touch.
- 6. Cook until done all the way through, about 20 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile, prep the veggies.
- 8. Thinly slice the jalapeno.
- 9. Using a vegetable peeler, make thin ribbons of carrot.
- 10. Make the sauce.
- 11. In a small bowl, mix yogurt with sriracha and lime.
- 12. Cut the baguette into about 6 inch pieces.
- 13. Cut those pieces in half horizontally.
- 14. Plate the sandwich.
- 15. Spread about 1 TBSP of sauce on baguette.
- 16. Place slices of carrot, jalapeno and some cilantro on inside bottom of baguette.
- 17. Place 3 meatballs on top. Repeat for each sandwich.
- 18. Serve and enjoy!