Baharat turkey rolls
Succulent, aromatic meat with melting cheese and crispy bacon.
This recipe contains deli turkey breast, bacon, cheese (feta), baharat seasoning, salt, olive oil, butter, garlic, , black pepper, cumin, coriander powder, mint (dried), garlic (granulated), fresh nutmeg, cardamom powder, cinnamon
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 turkey steaks
- 8 slice(s) thin slices bacon
- 100 g. feta cheese, crushed
- 4 tbs baharat* seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- * Turkish baharat spice mix:
- 2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. chopped dried mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. garlic (granules)
- 1 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- ground cinnamon
- 1. Flatten the steaks carefully with a meat mallet.
- 2. Place 2 slices of bacon on each steak, sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 3. Roll the steak into a roll and secure with a metal or wooden toothpicks.
- 4. Mix baharat and salt.
- 5. Coat the rolls with the baharat on all sides.
- 6. Very briefly sauté the garlic in a mixture of oil and butter (to infuse it with the garlic aroma),
- 7. Take the garlic out of the fat.
- 8. Sauté rolls in the oil and butter mixture for about 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- 9. Before serving take toothpicks out of the meat.
- 10. * Combine all the ingredients together till well mixed. Store in an airtight jar and keep away from direct sunlight.
- 11. Serve with the roasted cauliflower.