Baked Chicken w/ Cinnamon Apples
Nothing beats baked chicken. I think it’s the best way of cooking it! This recipe is a great way of using up your apples and taking it in. The apples and onions blend so well with the cinnamon and chicken you’ll remember me when you take your first bite…Okay that’s weird (just kidding) lol. No but really this recipe is a must! Representing fall and the fruit that is in full season….Apples!! Enjoy.
This recipe contains chicken (whole), apples, onions, olive oil (extra virgin), wine (white), cinnamon, salt, black pepper, cooking spray
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 whole Chicken, washed and excess fat removed
- 2 whole Apples (Granny Smith, McIntosh, Crispin, Jonagold, Fuji, Golden Delicious), washed, cored, & quartered
- 1/2 whole Large Onion or 1 Small Onion, peeled & quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) White Wine
- 1/4 tsp. Powdered Cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 ds. cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 2. Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Grease your baking dish with PAM.
- 3. Place the quartered apples and onions in the baking dish and stuff some in your chicken.
- 4. Sprinkle the cinnamon all around and on top of the apples and onions. Place chicken in the middle and pour on and around the white wine and drizzle on and around the extra virgin olive oil. Using kitchen twine, truss your chicken (optional).
- 5. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes.
- 6. Then lower oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve chicken with the apples/onions and some rice on the side.