Baked egg and Prosciutto cups
A breakfast which is also easy to prepare in advance as a snack or lunch to take with you. With some additions of vegetables you can even create a dinner. There are endless to variations to make. And if you make more at once you can give them all a different taste, something for everyone in the family. (Recipe on site in Dutch)
This recipe contains prosciutto, eggs, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 slice(s) slice of prosciutto (per person)
- 1 egg (per person)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- 2. Use one slice of prosciutto in a cupcake tin or ovenproof dish. Make sure the slice prosciutto covers the bottom and edges, because otherwise the egg will stick to the mold.
- 3. Make sure you make a raised edge of the prosciutto, because the prosciutto shrinks and the egg will expand.
- 4. Break the egg above the tray of prosciutto.
- 5. Add pepper to taste. (no salt prosciutto is already salty enough)
- 6. Place the pan in the oven.
- 7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 8. Check the oven and keep checking if the ham is not getting burned or too crispy.
- 9. Take the tin out and remove the proscuitto with egg cup carefully (possibly with two spoons) from the mold.