This is a creamy wonderful side dish for any pasta dinner or buffet. It's easy and adds such flavor to any dishes you serve with it.
This recipe contains fennel bulb, butter, half & half, creme fraiche, nutmeg, cheese (asiago), cheese (parmesan), parsley (italian)
6-8 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 Fennel Bulbs
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 3/4 cup half n half (low fat)
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup asiago
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 Tbl. chopped Italian parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the base off the fennel, cut the white core out of the fennel. Stand up and slice into thin slices, 1/4 " or thinner.
- 2. Melt the butter in skillet over med high heat. Add the fennel and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the half and hald, creme fraiche, asiago and nutmeg.
- 3. Transfer to a buttered baking dish, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Remove from heat and allow to cook down for 5 mintes and add the parsley and serve.