simple, easy side dish...perfect with a steak and a glass of wine
This recipe contains tomatoes, goat cheese, cheese (parmesan), basil (fresh), black pepper, olive oil, salt
4 halves, enough for 4 people servings
- 2 tomatoes (I used hothouse but any reasonable sized tomato would do the trick)
- 1/4 cup of soft, unripened goat's milk cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- olive oil
- 1. Preheat your oven to 450F.
- 2. Mix goat cheese, parmesan cheese and basil in a small bowl.
- 3. Cut tomatoes in half, drizzle each half with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- 4. Top each tomato half with the cheese mix, equally dividing the mixture between the four halves.
- 5. Bake the tomatoes for about 20 minutes, or until softened and slightly browned.
- 6. Serve hot or at room temperature.