Balsamic Roast Beef
Tender roast beef with an amazing balsamic-cream sauce
This recipe contains butter, beef (roast, top round), flour (all-purpose), onions, balsamic vinegar, beef stock, heavy cream, cornstarch, salt, potatoes, black pepper, mixed vegetables (frozen),
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 3 hr
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/5 lb. roasting beef cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 whole onion
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup(s) beef stock
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 pn. corn starch, optional for binding the sauce
- 1 ds. salt
- 4 whole peeled boiled and cut potatoes (for side)
- 4 cup(s) mixed vegetables (for side)
- 1. Melt the butter in a not too large pot.
- 2. Flour the piece of meat and tap it gently to remove the excess flour.
- 3. Quarter the onion.
- 4. Fry the piece of meat on all sides until nicely browned.
- 5. Add the onion pieces after the half of the frying time and fry them together with the meat, taking care they don't get too dark, keep turning them around.
- 6. When the meat is brown, add the vinegar and let it bubble away completely.
- 7. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper, add the stock and the double cream.
- 8. Put on the lid, turn the heat down to very low and cook the meat slowly for 3 hours.
- 9. During the last hour of the cooking time, start preparing the side dishes.
boil water in a pot for the potatoes- while waiting to boil peel and rinse potatoes. Place potatoes in boiling water, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15-20 min
- 10. Take the meat out of the sauce and bind the sauce with 1or 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with water, if you would like to have a thicker sauce.
- 11. Let the meat rest for a about 10 minutes before slicing.