Banana & Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
A delicious french toast recipe stuffed with bananas and honey and spiced cream cheese.
This recipe contains , cream cheese, milk, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg (whole), lemons, bananas, , flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, eggs, honey, bread (sandwich), butter, canola oil, maple syrup
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- For the French Toast Filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 whole ripe but firm bananas, sliced thin
- For the Batter:
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 8 slice(s) slices of good quality white sandwich bread
- 4 tsp. butter
- 4 tsp. canola (or vegetable) oil
- maple syrup, for serving
- 1. In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice, set aside while preparing the batter.
- 2. Whisk together all of the batter ingredients until thoroughly mixed. (This is a breeze if you use a blender.)
- 3. Pour the batter into a wide, shallow dish (like a pie plate).
- 4. Spread the filling mixture equally over 1 side of each slice of bread, divide the sliced bananas between 4 slices of the bread, top with the remaining 4 slices, press lightly.
- 5. Melt 2 t. butter and 2 t. oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter foams and then subsides.
- 6. Working with one sandwich at a time dip both sides in the batter and let the excess drip away, add to the hot pan, repeat with a second sandwich.
- 7. Cook until golden brown on the first side, around 3-5 minutes, flip and repeat on the second side.
- 8. Repeat this process with the remaining, oil, butter and sandwiches.
- 9. To serve, cut into triangles and serve with maple syrup.