Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze
What could be better than fresh from the oven banana bread covered in chocolate ganache.
This recipe contains sugar, butter, bananas, milk, greek yogurt (non-fat), eggs, flour (all-purpose), baking soda, salt (kosher), pecans, cooking spray, heavy cream, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips)
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup(s) mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup(s) plain fat free Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy.
- 3. On low-speed, add the banana, milk, greek yogurt and eggs mixing until combined.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 6. Beat just until blended.
- 7. Add the pecans and stir briefly.
- 8. Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 10. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- 11. Place the heavy cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at high for 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds.
- 12. Cool slightly and spoon over bread.