Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
A wonderful healthy little bread that is moist and full of little chocolate chips to give it that extra pop!
This recipe contains bananas, butter, eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, wheat pastry flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, chocolate chips, cooking spray
14 slices servings
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons butter, soften (I used Brumble & Brown)
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2. Spray either 1 loaf pan or two mini loaf pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- 3. In medium bowl add the banana.
- 4. Using a potato masher, fork, or spoon to squish the banana.
- 5. It is alright for there to be small chunks of banana in the batter, but you want most of the banana to be reduced to mush.
- 6. Add the butter and eggs and mix well together.
- 7. In an another bowl combine sugar, flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 8. Combine the flour mixture with the banana mixture and mix until the ingredients are blended together.
- 9. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 10. Pour the dough into greased baking pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11. Small loaves take around 30 minutes, a regular size loaf takes around 40-50 minutes.
- 12. Remove from the oven.
- 13. After they have cooled for 5 or 10 minutes the loaves can be removed from the pan to cool. Once they are cool they can be eaten or individually wrapped and frozen.
- 14. Enjoy!
- 15. Makes 14 slices