Banana Mango Strawberry Muffins
Brighten up your morning with these light and moist "bangoberry" (banana, mango, strawberry) muffins!
This recipe contains bananas, mango, strawberries, eggs, flour (pastry), flour (coconut), sugar, applesauce, canola oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 cup(s) mangoes, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup(s) strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 3 tbsp. yogurt (any kind)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Either line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease the cups with oil or cooking spray.
- 2. If you are using frozen fruit, make sure to thaw them out first. Chop the mangoes into small cubes. Pick out two or three strawberries and slice them so that you end up with 12 slices. These will be used to top the muffins. Chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces.
- 3. Mash the bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the eggs, canola oil, applesauce, and yogurt into the bowl and mix well.
- 4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix.
- 5. Fold in the chopped mangoes and strawberries.
- 6. Fill 12 muffin cups with the batter, and top each muffin with the sliced strawberries.
- 7. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a fork comes out cleanly.