Banana Muffins with Coffee and Spices
These muffins are impossible to resist! And they are even better the next day.
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, flour (whole wheat), baking powder, ginger (ground), cinnamon, bananas, coffee
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 100 g. butter
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup(s) wheat flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 brown bananas
- 1/4 cup(s) cold coffee
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- 2. Whisk together melted butter and sugar add one egg at a time and mix well until the batter turns with and fluffy.
- 3. Mix together in a bowl; flour, baking powder, ginger powder and cinnamon.
- 4. Mash the bananas and add the coffee and blend.
- 5. Add the flour mix and the banana/coffee mix to the egg/sugar/butter mix and blend carefully. Do not blend too much or too hard as this will make the muffins dense and we prefer them fluffy.
- 6. Divide the batter among muffin cups (each should be about three-fourths full).
- 7. Bake until puffed and golden brown. Insert a wooden pick or skewer into the center of the muffin and when it comes out clean, the muffins are ready. It takes about 20-30 minutes.
- 8. The muffins are great to eat the same day, but even better and more moist the day after. I always eat some the first day and more the next day....I mean, who can resist freshly baked muffins?