Get your Sunday started right by heading to the kitchen and making a batch of these pancakes. You’ll be glad you did.
This recipe contains unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup, bananas
About 12 pancakes servings
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (use 2 teaspoons if at high altitude)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small, very ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup milk (almond milk can also be used)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup for serving
- Sliced bananas for serving
- 1. Cut the butter into 3 equal pieces.
- 2. Put 2 of the butter pieces in a small saucepan and set the remaining piece aside.
- 3. Set the pan over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Using a pot holder, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- 5. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork until well blended.
- 6. Visit www.redpenrecipes.com for complete instructions