Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Swirl and Roasted Marshmallow Frosting
This recipe contains flour (whole wheat), flour (all-purpose), sugar (brown), sugar, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, butter (unsalted), greek yogurt (vanilla), bananas, vanilla extract, peanut butter, marshmallow creme, banana chips
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) Full Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mashed banana (about 4 ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tsp. Peanut Butter
- 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 12 banana chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add cupcake liners to a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together until evenly combined.
- 3. Add sugars, baking powder and soda. Mix together until evenly combined. Slowly add flours and mixed until evenly combined.
- 4. Spoon into muffin tins till about 3/4 full.
- 5. Add about 1/2 TSP of peanut butter to each cupcake.
- 6. Using a sharp knife or skewer, gently swirl peanut butter in.
- 7. Place in oven and cook until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 8. Let cool completely.
- 9. Preheat broiler, add a small dollop of marshmallow fluff onto each cupcake.
- 10. Place cupcakes on a cookie sheet, and place on rack as close to broiler as possible.
- 11. Cook until marshmallow top is browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- 12. Remove and take off cookie sheet to cool. Let cool and then stick a banana chip vertically in each cupcake.
- 13. ENJOY!