Banana Split Baklava
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Banana Split Baklava, was created by Meagan Peoples.
This recipe contains trail mix, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar, butter,
- 2 cup(s) Tropical Food's Banana Split
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1 pkg(s) package filo sheets
- 1. Rough chop Banana Split® and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- 2. Add honey, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ¼ cup melted butter.
- 3. In between each filo sheet layer, spread some of the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with some of the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- 4. Repeat this step four times.
- 5. Cut into six equal squares and place into individual mini muffin tins; repeat this step until you have filled twenty-four mini muffin tins.
- 6. Fill each muffin slot with the Banana Split® mixture.
- 7. Pinch the individual mini baklavas shut and place in the oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- 8. Remove from oven; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sugar.