Black Sesame Yoghurt Mousse Cake
I especially love the black sesame for its unique and exotic flavour in this lovely cake
This recipe contains , eggs, flour, water, black sesame paste, oil (corn), , black sesame paste, , , , , , yogurt, gelatin (unflavored), water, sugar, black sesame paste, whipped topping,
- Sponge Cake
- 2 large Eggs
- 125 g. Optima flour
- 30 g. Water
- 1 tbsp. Black sesame paste
- 40 g. Corn oil (to be added last)
- Lower speed gradually add in black sesame paste, mix well and lastly add corn oil into it, mix well again.
- 200 Plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 Gelatine powder
- 3 Water
- 4 Sugar or icing sugar
- 2 Black sesame paste
- 320 Fresh topping cream (non-dairy)
- Boil sugar syrup for brushing on sponge cake before adding mousse on it. - 200ml water and 70g sugar.
- 1. Soak gelatine powder with water for 5 minutes and heat it over a hot water bath.
- 2. Add sugar and black sesame paste to the yoghurt, stir well until sugar dissolved then slowly pour in gelatine (cool down gelatine a little if it is still hot), stir well again.
- 3. Whip up fresh topping cream to soft peak form and mix into the black sesame mixture.
- 4. To Assemble
- 5. Place the first layer of sponge cake at the bottom with a square cake ring.
- 6. Brush sugar syrup on cake.
- 7. Pour half of the black sesame yoghurt mousse onto the sponge cake and spread the mousse evenly with a palette knife.
- 8. Place the second layer of the sponge cake (brush sugar syrup) onto the mousse and spread remaining mousse on it. Using a scraper to level the top.
- 9. Chill the cake for at least 4 hours or till overnight.
- 10. Take a sharp knife and run it around the edge of the cake to loosen the cake from the cake ring and trim sides of cake.
- 11. Decorate as desired with some toasted black sesame seeds on top.