Blackberry Balsamic Drumsticks
These sweet and tangy drumsticks are simple enough for a hectic weeknight meal, but tasty enough to serve to company.
This recipe contains chicken (drumsticks), blackberries, balsamic vinegar, demerara sugar, rosemary (fresh), butter, mustard (dijon), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 25 min
- 6 whole skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup(s) fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) demerara sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1. Place blackberries, butter, water, rosemary, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- 2. Cook over medium high heat stirring occasionally until slightly reduced. About 10 -15 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and salt and pepper.
- 4. Leave marinade to cool.
- 5. Place drumsticks in a large zip lock bag,
- 6. Pour cooled marinade over top and seal. Toss to coat.
- 7. Place mixture in the fridge and marinate for 24 hours.
- 8. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375°
- 9. Arrange drumsticks on a cookie sheet coated in tin foil.
- 10. Cook for 25 minutes, turning once.
- 11. Serve hot with preferred side.