Blood Orange Rosemary Sorbet
This is a simple, beautiful and delicious treat to beat the mid-winter funk. Mix with champagne or prosecco for a beautiful and simple dessert perfect for entertaining!
This recipe contains water, sugar, rosemary (fresh), oranges (blood), champagne
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 8 blood oranges, juiced (approximately 2 cups juice)
- (optional) 1 tsp. liquor, Prosecco or Champagne (for liquors, gin, vodka or Triple Sec are recommended)
- 1. Make the simple syrup:
- 2. Add water and sugar to sauce pan, cook, stirring frequently, over medium high heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture thickens a bit.
- 3. Remove from heat and add rosemary sprig.
- 4. Set aside to cool.
- 5. After mixture has cooled, remove rosemary sprig.
- 6. Add simple syrup to blood orange juice.
- 7. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8. Add the cooled mixture to your ice cream machine.
- 9. If you'd like to add the liquor, do so now.
- 10. Follow you ice cream maker's directions for times- usually 20 to 30 minutes.
- 11. Freeze at least 1 hour before serving.