Blitzkuchen – a delicious, soft cake with a sugary almond topping made in less than 30 minutes
This recipe contains heavy cream, sugar, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, eggs, butter, sugar, almonds (sliced)
16 squares servings
- 200 ml/ 1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 200 g/ 1 cup granulated sugar
- 250 g/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (15 g/ 3 3/4 teaspoons) baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 175 g/ 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 100 g/ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 200 g/ about 3 cups flaked almonds
- 1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl.
- 3. Add both sugar and flour to the cream
- 4. Add the baking powder and the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- 5. Pour the mixture onto a baking tray (40x30 cm/ 16x12 inches) lined with baking paper
- 6. bake the cake for 10 minutes.
- 7. In the meantime melt the butter
- 8. Add the sugar and the almonds and mix well.
- 9. Spread this mixture over the cake and bake for 10 minutes more until the cake is golden brown. That's it!