Blueberry Banana Bread
I love bread and making a healthy bread is even better! This banana bread is full of chunks of banana and blueberries so tender they pop in your mouth. This is one Banana Bread that won't disappoint and best of all, it's guilt free!!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), flour (whole wheat), sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oats, vanilla extract, eggs, applesauce, bananas, blueberries
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) oats
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup(s) egg substitute or 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen, do not defrost them!)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Mix together dry ingredients until well combined.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, and bananas.
- 4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, and then add blueberries.
- 5. Stir carefully (the blueberries crush easily).
- 6. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour or 3 mini pans for 40 minutes
- 7. Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean. Note the banana may stickto the toothpick!
- 8. Keep refrigerated!
- 9. Makes 1 loaf or 3 mini loafs, Approx 18 slices (6 per mini loaf)
- 10. Calories per slice: 89, Fat: .03, Sodium: 144, Potassium: 77, Carbs: 20, Fiber: 1.4, Sugar: 8.6, Protein: 2.2
- 11. Enjoy!