Blueberry Banana Bread
I love bread and making a healthy bread is even better! This banana bread is full of chunks of banana and blueberries so tender they pop in your mouth. This is one Banana Bread that won't disappoint and best of all, it's guilt free!!
This recipe contains all-purpose flour, flour (whole wheat), sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oats, vanilla extract, eggs, applesauce, bananas, blueberries
18 slices servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute or 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen, do not defrost them!)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Mix together dry ingredients until well combined.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, and bananas.
- 4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, and then add blueberries.
- 5. Stir carefully (the blueberries crush easily).
- 6. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour or 3 mini pans for 40 minutes
- 7. Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean. Note the banana may stickto the toothpick!
- 8. Keep refrigerated!
- 9. Makes 1 loaf or 3 mini loafs, Approx 18 slices (6 per mini loaf)
- 10. Calories per slice: 89, Fat: .03, Sodium: 144, Potassium: 77, Carbs: 20, Fiber: 1.4, Sugar: 8.6, Protein: 2.2
- 11. Enjoy!